Psalm 100:2a--"Serve the Lord with gladness."

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Affiliations & Favorite Speakers

While I have no official organizational affiliations and am committed to being part of an independent, Bible-believing church, I thought it would help you to know me better to know of some of my favorite  speakers. Being in Northeast Wisconsin has enabled me to attend many pastors’ fellowships and the annual Men’s Heart Conference at Northland International University (formerly Northland Baptist Bible College). I love the heart of Northland’s college and camp ministries—“Life Touching Life.” My family also plans to attend our second week of Family Camp at Northland this coming summer.

Some of my favorite speakers there have been Les Ollila, Matt Olson, and Sam Horn (from Northland), as well as Kevin Bauder (from Central Baptist Theological Seminary), Dave Doran (from Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary), and Tim Jordan (from Calvary Baptist Theological Seminary).

I have also attended a men’s retreat at Camp Joy in Whitewater, Wisconsin, where Pastor Mike Harding (Tammy’s former pastor) spoke as well as a conference in Rockford, Illinois, which I will again be attending this May.

Special speakers I have invited to come to GBC during my time there include Steve Pettit, Jeremy Frazor, and Ben Everson.

I have also used some resources from this website started by a likeminded local pastor here in Northeast Wisconsin, and his brief description of the the lessons' doctrinal assumptions certainly suits me.